Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Photos I've used in my sketchbook


OK - so I went to the softball field with my camera and sketchbook for the 2nd day of the two day tournament. I started taking pictures and after I downloaded them I noticed a theme. A few of the pictures have the same shape that I'm
apparently drawn to at the moment:


Those shapes might show up in my work in the near future. Then I saw this and loved the movement that was created. Any guesses as to what this is?


Another photo I took isn't really a great photo in seeing the whole object (pallet) but still, I thought it was worth looking at and thinking about. Can you see a bracelet with two layers on it kind of constructed in this fashion? I think I'll take my camera with me more often!

I definitely see some good fun ahead! So, even though I wanted to be in my studio, I still managed to get some good ideas for future studio time. Speaking of which, I have been working on figuring out how to do a particular cane. I have the mathematics worked out - just need to work on honing my precision caning a bit!


One other thing I did accomplish, was to do start Maggie Maggio's color scales in polymer clay. If you haven't seen her info on this, it is outstanding. It's a great process to go through and great documentation to be used as a resource for the future. As a matter of fact, I already have. Thank you Maggie!!

1 comment:

Chailyn said...

People should read this.