Monday, June 18, 2012

Marvelous Monday

I had all these intentions of scheduling numerous "marvelous Monday" posts during my recent unannounced break.  I even intended on writing a quick note to let you know I'd be gone.  But unfortunately, you know what they say about best laid intentions, right?  I promise to write about my disappearance from the internet this Wednesday.  Unfortunately though, it's totally unrelated to polymer or anything possibly artistic. I've only just recently started catching up with blogs for a little inspiration.  My life had been pretty uncreative for about three weeks now.  But it's good to be back.

So, seeing that it's Monday, I wanted to share the work of Angela Bubash.  She's a talented metalsmith professor at Appalachian State University in Boone, NC.  I was instantly enamored with her "fins" line of jewelry - it's quite extensive - you can view it on her website here.  I swear I was hearing coral reefer music the moment I clicked.  And upon a closer look at her stones, I was surprised to see what some of them were - dyed feathers!  Would you have guessed?





                                                  

 

1 comment:

Chris said...

GOOD to have you back! I missed your posts!